Photographic features and other non-paint features)

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Mar 2 13:32:36 CET 2010

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, Peter Smyth wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm a bit tentative diving in here, as I'm not a developer and haven't been
> able to use Krita since v1.6 (no time to compile/setup/debug and Debian
> testing is still on v1.6).
>
> I'll just say that I'm sad to see Krita move away from being a program that
> has photo editing capabilities, it is why I started using it in the first
> place.  I liked the idea of a lightweight native Linux alternative to
> Photoshop, The Gimp wasn't, and still isn't, it.
>
> I'm not asking you to change this course, but be aware some will miss that
> focus.

Yes, we realized that. But a good application cannot be a jack of all trades,
so it is really essential that we make choices and that we make our choices
clear. Not only will that help Krita become better, but it just might inspire
other people to create a photo editor -- maybe based on Digikam's technology.

Boudewijn