Photographic features and other non-paint features)

Silvio Grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Tue Mar 2 23:18:15 CET 2010

Hi All,

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Yes, we realized that. But a good application cannot be a jack of all
> trades

Yes, I totally agree :-)
On top of that, it looks like Gimp's developers have been making a lot of
work lately (http://cia.vc/stats/project/gnome/gimp) :-)
Why reinvent the wheel when everyone can use Gimp for manipulating pictures?
As everybody knows, Gimp works pretty fine on every platform (Windows,
Linux, Mac) and its documentation is just spectacular.
On Kde, for doing simple things with pictures, there is also Digikam which
is progressing really fast.

In my modest opinion, right now, the most important thing for Krita is
focusing on fixing bugs and writing a new manual.
Adding new features is fine, needless to say everyone wants them.
Unfortunately, with softwares, the more you add, the more bugs you get :-)

Best regards,

Silvio