koffice/krita/ui/tests

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jun 21 21:15:57 CEST 2010

On Sunday 20 June 2010, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> SVN commit 1140323 by dkazakov:
>
> A test for KisDoc2::undoIndexChanged. Fails.
>
> We have a problem with KisDoc2::undoIndexChanged. The problem is it
> notifies listeners wrongly! Its 'idx' parameter refers to "the command
> that will be executed on the next redo()", but *not* a command that
> was undone/redone right now! It means that our mechanism of notifying
> listeners is broken. The bug has been reported by Marc, as it affects
> transform tool.
>
> I don't know how to fix it as it seems to depend on Qt's QUndoStack
> much. So i just wrote the test for the problem. What do you think
> about it?

I don't know how to fix it either. Maybe we can find a way to make the
transform tool be able to coalesce many changes without messing with the undo
stack, that was always very unstable.

Maybe we can do something using the tool activation/deactivation (or a timer
with a pause) that commits the complete transform in one action.