Rename for KisImage color space conversion interface

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 13:24:31 CEST 2010

After a short discussion on IRC we concluded that current interface can be
changed to be easier to understand:

Here is a proposal of new naming:

KisImage::convertImageColorSpace(const KoColorSpace *dstColorSpace,
KoColorConversionTransformation::Intent renderingIntent)
converts color space of all the nodes of the image and image's projection

KisImage::assingImageProfile(const KoColorProfile *profile)
assigns a new profile to every node.
^^ this is very disputable, because the user can get unexpected results if
his stack contains a mix of different color spaces. Should we leave it?

KisImage::convertRootLayerColorSpace(const KoColorSpace *dstColorSpace,
KoColorConversionTransformation::Intent renderingIntent)
or
KisImage::convertProjectionColorSpace(const KoColorSpace *dstColorSpace,
KoColorConversionTransformation::Intent renderingIntent)
converts rootLayer->projection() only. All the other layers are untouched.

KisImage::assingProjectionProfile(const KoColorProfile *profile)
assigns a new profile to rootLayer->projection() only. All the other layers
are untouched.

--
Dmitry Kazakov