Selections on the Adjustment layers

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Sep 3 21:02:05 CEST 2009

On Thursday 03 September 2009, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:

> > I never understood the photoshop way of doing things, while I do think I
> > understand Krita's design pretty well
>
> This doesn't proof anything! And you understand that :p

Well, it shows that it isn't an absolutely natural way of working. Like
selections -- I realized that global selections were a weird way of working
when I was watching users work with photoshop. They would make a selection
based on a particular layer, move to another layer to change something and be
surprised that the selection worked on that layer, too. So I concluded I
needed both :-)

> Of course i'll publish it onto reviewboard and others. There is no change
> from users point of view. I've just moved most of masks stuff into KisLayer
> and prepared some framework for bottom-up strategy.

Ok. Not sure a bottom-up strategy will solve things, though -- remember that
we already have tried that before, and discarded it.