Review request: Masks support compositeOps and opacity

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 14:00:42 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

> On Monday 02 November 2009, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> > I've fixed regressions of the patch. The third patch in a patchset is
> > attached.
> >
> > Just a reminder, this patchset allows a user to choose a compositeOp for
> > mask. A test-file is in my first mail.
> >

> Does this change give performance issues?
>
> -            m_d->selection->getOrCreatePixelSelection()->select(parent()-
> >extent(), MAX_SELECTED);
> +            m_d->selection->getOrCreatePixelSelection()->select(parent()-
> >exactBounds(), MAX_SELECTED);
>
> For the rest, looks okay, and if you're sure this change doesn't cause
> problems, I'm fine with committing.

It shouldn't cause anything as it is called only once during creation of the
mask (of it's selection).
In theory, it is more right form the user's point of view. For example, i
the first case, if he decides to move a mask with a moving tool, he'll see
that borders of the mask are bigger than actual image and have bogus values.
The second variant adds distinctness to this usecase.

> (As far as I am concernted, you can also swap KisBaseNode and KisNode, so
> the
> graph is the base and the properties the extension.)

I'll try to do this.

--
Dmitry Kazakov