New feature for review

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 13:31:32 CET 2009

> I like it a lot, I already want this for all paintops  :D
> I suggest using a visual aid like an horizontal line across the canvas and
> centred in the middle of the cursor so is clear that you're modifying
> something.

I can turn on the brush outline for the moment of changing the size of the
brush if you don't use brush outline.

> I'm not sure if vertical movement  should resize as well, I think moving
>  the cursor left/right is good enough, and it's probably easier than moving
>  the hand vertically (if you want to draw a straight line, which is
>  easier?, horizontal or vertical?)

> as for changing the  softness with vertical movement, I like the idea so I
>  did like to see it, but as enkithan said it may prove to be difficult to
>  move just in one direction. Anyway a better feedback than the one
>  suggested in the bug report (the 0-100 number) would be a second circle
>  inside the cursor

Vertical resizing is detectable as I mention in previous mail. So it just adds
another short-cut that we can somehow use. You don't have to draw straight
line, just your movement should be more vertical then horizontal.

> For what I can see, shift+click conflicts with the duplicate paintop, maybe
> change the duplicate paintop so it uses ctrl or something else?

So far the event is used before the resizing the brush. That means that
Shift+Click will work for duplicate but the resizing will not work for
duplicate op so far :/ I agree that CTRL+click should be used for duplicate.
That way we are compatible with the GIMP.

> > The patch has bug -- it moves with the mouse position. You probably want
> > to change the size and not move with the mouse on the canvas.
>
> yes, cursor should not move.
Fixed locally :)

QCursor::setPos used for it and works.