Krita 1.6 vs. 2.0

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Jun 23 15:21:46 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 23 June 2009 08:37:29 am Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 June 2009, John Culleton wrote:
> > I now have a Slackware Current partition up which has Krita 2.0
> > on it instead of 1.6.  Have most users of Krita cut over to 2.0
> > already?  Any folks still using 1.6?
>
> We don't have any statistics :-). Krita 2.0 is definitely still
> very experimental. There are lots of new features, but some other
> features haven't made the cut yet, and I would hesitate
> recommending 2.0 to anyone who isn't interested in experiments
> and reporting results to us.
>
> Basically, it's what we tried to make clear in the release
> message: 2.0 is a platform for people to build on and not a
> stable release for users. We asked all distributions to be
> conservative with packaging 2.0 and not replace 1.6 with 2.0
> unconditionally yet.

Well Slackware current (to become Slackware 13 soon) has KDE 4 and
KDE 4 apparently has Krita 2.0.  So who is to blame, the Scribus
folks or the KDE folks?

Will Krita 1.6 run under KDE 4? I was unable to get KPDF to run
under KDE 4 because of different library versions. I guess I have
to try it and find out.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95