Krita 1.6 vs. 2.0

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jun 23 14:37:29 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 23 June 2009, John Culleton wrote:
> I now have a Slackware Current partition up which has Krita 2.0 on
> it instead of 1.6.  Have most users of Krita cut over to 2.0
> already?  Any folks still using 1.6?

We don't have any statistics :-). Krita 2.0 is definitely still very
experimental. There are lots of new features, but some other features haven't
made the cut yet, and I would hesitate recommending 2.0 to anyone who isn't
interested in experiments and reporting results to us.

Basically, it's what we tried to make clear in the release message: 2.0 is a
platform for people to build on and not a stable release for users. We asked
all distributions to be conservative with packaging 2.0 and not replace 1.6
with 2.0 unconditionally yet.