New Tiled Data Manager ideas and tests

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jun 2 11:59:40 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:

> > You'll get a massive speedup if you override new/delete for KisTileData and
> > use a pool allocator. Also you KisTileData::m_data should be pool allocated
> > as well.
> >

> Thanks, i'll try it. Btw, does Qt have pooling functionality from box? Or i
> should use boot or write myself?

Just making KisTileDataWrapper no longer a shared pointer gave me some speed
already in the current trunk version of the tiles impl, so, yes that's a good
thing to do. Qt doesn't have pooling functionality (there's QThreadPool, but
that's a different thing), you might want to use QThreadStorage to put your pool
in, but you'll probably have to either get an existing implementation from
somewhere or write your own.

Boudewijn