Krita 2.0 and the freehand drawing tool

Valerie valerie_vk at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 14:27:44 CEST 2008

> It would be kick ass if strokes could be objects, so you could delete
> them and change their style, long after putting them down.

You were the one who proposed that the first time, right? :) Sorry,
I'm bad at remembering names, but I do remember the proposal.

I admit that at first I was sceptical of the concept, but I've since
been warming up to it a lot. Also, Inkscape 0.46 has on-canvas live
path effects (even though I'm still getting used to it), and being
able to edit the skeleton path is certainly nice.

> Yes, this is something Photoshop lacks (you can only set the fade
> length in pixels, not relative to the stroke length).
> And it is sooooooo useful, it can't be stressed enough. :)

Glad to see I'm not the only one clamouring for this feature! I've
been searching for an easy way to do smooth size fades and double-
edges for years! D: The only thing that comes close is using a tablet,
but with the amount of jitters I end up with I may as well not have
bothered. :\

Also, although having an extra freehand tool may be confusing to some
users, including this tool soon would allow for developers to quickly
start working on effects for the next version (map to stroke length
etc). I admit I don't really want to wait 3 more years just to do
easy smooth size fades...