Krita 2.0 and the freehand drawing tool

Moritz Moeller mnm at dneg.com
Wed May 7 16:15:48 CEST 2008

Valerie wrote:
>> It would be kick ass if strokes could be objects, so you could delete
>> them and change their style, long after putting them down.
>
> You were the one who proposed that the first time, right? :) Sorry,
> I'm bad at remembering names, but I do remember the proposal.

Ye, that was me with spamming the list with a massive feature suggestion
mail. :)

> I admit that at first I was sceptical of the concept, but I've since
> been warming up to it a lot. Also, Inkscape 0.46 has on-canvas live
> path effects (even though I'm still getting used to it), and being
> able to edit the skeleton path is certainly nice.

It all depends on how it is implemented. I was imagine if it using some
sort of caching (into bitmaps) and doesn't reveal its procedural nature
at all until you actually want to edit a stroke.

This also require that other layers this interacts with can be
re-rendered on demand. E.g. if you want such strokes to act on a natural
media (say water color) layer, then edit one stroke, the natural media
layer has to re-render itself.

.mm