Krita 2.0 and the freehand drawing tool

Valerie valerie_vk at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 03:52:03 CEST 2008

> Those sound like excellent ideas.
> Any chance you can do a UI mockup to inspire us to add the feature?
> Or have an links to packages which do this already?
>
> (In particular, how should the user setup the raster guided drawing?)

Actually, I wasn't thinking of anything new or complicated. It'd
just be an extra button next to freehand, line, path, rectangle,
ellipse, etc.

It'd be a path stroke on top of that "freehand drawing" vector tool.
It takes the path output of that tool, and does a path stroke along
it as one would do with the path tool. Since the path is obtained
in a freehand way, it might feel more natural to some than the path
tool. As for why one would want a raster output instead of plain
vector, simple: possible effects, applicable to natural brushes,
and erasable.