Popslide idea

Valerie valerie_vk at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 09:24:15 CET 2008

> it's already there. I created such a widget almost a year ago.
>
> :)

Well then what are you all waiting for? Implement it! :D

And the sooner all the options can be moved out the Tool Options
dialog and into the upper toolbar, the better, in my opinion.
(no offense, but I hold a severe dislike of the Tool Options
dialog, which in my opinion is a huge waste of screen real-estate)

That said, the version that person submitted is interesting compared
to others I've seen: it's a one-click system, where the slider of
the bar will always first appear right under the mouse, and the
rest of the bar shifts position accordingly (though remains in
fixed position after). See the following examples:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9136/shotwf6.jpg

For most other such widgets, you usually click once, click on the
slider to drag left and right, then click again to close.

Anthony Walter's version is thus a bit confusing at first, but
ultimately it might be more efficient once you get used to it.
Thoughts?

While you're at it, can the same concept be applied to... just about
everything else? (layer selector, etc, etc)