.kra files missing

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jan 23 08:58:46 CET 2008

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Nathaniel Gray wrote:

> This problem seems to tie in with my question about color profiles.  I
> can set a monitor profile and a printer profile, but (in 1.6.3 at
> least) there's no way to set a working profile.  Am I missing some way
> to specify this?  "Adobe RGB (1998)" is the profile embedded in my
> tiff file, and Krita seems to have used it as the working profile for
> the document but I suspect it's failing because it can't find it on
> disk.  (It *would* be nice if it popped up a warning dialog and
> continued instead of refusing to load your data just because it
> couldn't load the color profile.)  So I suspect one way to work around
> this problem would be to copy the profile to someplace Krita can find
> it, but ideally the embedded profile would be enough.

The working profile isn't a krita-wide setting, but a per-image setting,
so you could go to image/properties or image/convert image type and choose
a new working profile. That profile gets saved with your image and will
be loaded again. That's what worrying me, because the Adobe profile is a
standard one that should always be available, and, even more importantly,
it should be saved with the image file.

Boudewijn