.kra files missing

Nathaniel Gray n8gray at caltech.edu
Wed Jan 23 09:24:00 CET 2008

On Jan 22, 2008, at 11:58 PM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Nathaniel Gray wrote:
>
>> This problem seems to tie in with my question about color
>> profiles.  I
>> can set a monitor profile and a printer profile, but (in 1.6.3 at
>> least) there's no way to set a working profile.  Am I missing some
>> way
>> to specify this?  "Adobe RGB (1998)" is the profile embedded in my
>> tiff file, and Krita seems to have used it as the working profile for
>> the document but I suspect it's failing because it can't find it on
>> disk.  (It *would* be nice if it popped up a warning dialog and
>> continued instead of refusing to load your data just because it
>> couldn't load the color profile.)  So I suspect one way to work
>> around
>> this problem would be to copy the profile to someplace Krita can find
>> it, but ideally the embedded profile would be enough.
>
> The working profile isn't a krita-wide setting, but a per-image
> setting,
> so you could go to image/properties or image/convert image type and
> choose
> a new working profile. That profile gets saved with your image and
> will
> be loaded again. That's what worrying me, because the Adobe profile
> is a
> standard one that should always be available, and, even more
> importantly,
> it should be saved with the image file.

One point to clarify: I believe the built-in Adobe profile in Krita is
called simply "Adobe RGB", which may or may not be identified with the
embedded "Adobe RGB (1998)" profile. It seems everybody has their own
version of these standard profiles with a slightly different name.
FYI, if I hand-edit the .xml file and change the profile to "Adobe
RGB" I can load it in Krita, but if I re-save it as then it's changed
back to "Adobe RGB (1998)".  I guess Krita's doing a good job of
preserving the profile somewhere.

There is the file "built image/annotations/icc".  Does that seem right
to you, or should it have the name of the profile in it?  I'm assuming
that's the embedded profile.

Cheers,
-n8