Krita Workspace Proposal + Mock-ups

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jan 8 08:10:47 CET 2008

On Tuesday 08 January 2008, Valerie wrote:

> No problem. Happy new year! :)

Happy new year to you, too!

> On workspaces: basically, yes, it's nothing but saving settings (and
> also resources) and managing them. The concept of workspaces is
> basically a divide and conquer approach to make the interface both
> easy to use, easy to learn And easy to remember.

That should be doable, and it could be interesting to have koffice-wide, too.
Like a "nanowrimo workspace" and an "angry-letter" workspace in KWord.

> I actually have a few further proposals on brush management. The
> current workspace concepts detail part of the ideas, but not all.
> Well, I'm still working on that one though.

I've always wanted a toolbox metaphor for brushes -- like in
http://www.billbaxter.com's applications, but with drawers for brushes, for
pencils and so on.