Krita user community?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at
Tue Feb 19 21:44:29 CET 2008

On Tuesday 19 February 2008, Kristjan Siimson wrote:
> Sorry, developers, for posting in your mailing list, but this was the only
> place I could find to contact somebody who knows anything about Krita. I
> have some questions about it, but there is basically no information out
> there except the handbook which is not what I was looking for. So, is there
> some kind of community forum to ask (and answer) questions at?

Not yet. Several users have stated the intention of setting something like
that up, and we have a domain ( and, too, I think), but
the work hasn't been done yet.

But it's no problem for you to ask user-type questions on this mailing list,
you are quite welcome.

> Since I am already posting here, I also add the questions I had in mind:
> * Is there a shortcut for duplicate layer (instead of copy-paste)?

Not by default, but you can go the settings/configure shortcuts dialog, search
for "duplicate" and assign any free shortcut you like

> * Is there a quick way to set up colour gradients (instead of opening up
> new dialogs to do that)?

No, I'm afraid not.

> * Is there some way to produce anything similar to what is called "Render
> Clouds" in some other graphic applications (very useful for creating a
> variety of effects)?

Nope, we haven't implemented that either. It should be pretty simple, but
right now we're focussing on getting Krita 2.0 basically stable and ready for
a release, so we won't be adding new features. If you like, it would be
helpful if you'd entered a wish-list bug item at with as much
information and links as you can give, like equivalent functionality in other
apps, how to reach it and so on.

Boudewijn Rempt