Krita user community?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 20 17:55:01 CET 2008

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>> * Is there some way to produce anything similar to what is called "Render
>> Clouds" in some other graphic applications (very useful for creating a
>> variety of effects)?
>
> Nope, we haven't implemented that either. It should be pretty simple, but
> right now we're focussing on getting Krita 2.0 basically stable and ready for
> a release, so we won't be adding new features. If you like, it would be
> helpful if you'd entered a wish-list bug item at bugs.kde.org with as much
> information and links as you can give, like equivalent functionality in other
> apps, how to reach it and so on.

As far as I know, "Render -> Clouds" (comes from PS, btw; I can produce
some samples if it would help) is basically a very limited plasma
generator. A *good* plasma generator would, I think, be far more
beneficial, i.e. one that allows you to change the seed density, noise
factors, etc. Even providing several interpolation algorithms would be a
nice plus (somewhere I have a VB plasma generator I wrote a long, long
time ago that does just this; it's nice because you can get different
effects).

Heck, a *noise* generator, ala Bryce, would be seriously awesome :-D.

Hmm... maybe I'll take a crack at writing a stand-alone generator some
time; someone familiar with krita could then wrap it in a plugin.

--
Matthew
No animal should ever jump on the dining room furniture unless