Good article about usability of open-source apps

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Aug 6 15:02:12 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 06 August 2008, Peter Smyth wrote:
> 2008/8/6 Warren Baird <photogeekmtl at gmail.com>:
> > Yeah, I understand.  I can't remember - are there many (any?) power users
> > (graphic designers, etc.) on the list who can give feedback like that?
>
> I have a technical background but not so much in the PC area.  I am a
> published photographer, however, and can give feedback on what my
> perceptions of features are.

User feedback is always extremely welcome -- but note that it may be quite
some time before we are able to actually act on it. I've still got some todo
items for lab mode that were inspired by Larry Marso in 2006. But they are on
my todo!

> Currently I use photoshop under wine for
> my editing needs (which works well, btw).  Krita 2 looks promising but
> wasn't stable last time I used it

It's getting better and better -- right now the focus is on finishing and
stabilising all the new goodies.

> and the gimp does not have proper
> support for 16bpp images, which I need (and I go a little balder every
> time I try to work with its interface).

Ai. That's bad news for the hairdresser. Maybe grow a beard and tug that? My
beard seems to be able to withstand the worst coding problems :-)