Good article about usability of open-source apps

Peter Smyth smyth.peter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 09:22:26 CEST 2008

2008/8/6 Warren Baird <photogeekmtl at gmail.com>:
> Yeah, I understand.  I can't remember - are there many (any?) power users
> (graphic designers, etc.) on the list who can give feedback like that?

I have a technical background but not so much in the PC area.  I am a
published photographer, however, and can give feedback on what my
perceptions of features are.  Currently I use photoshop under wine for
my editing needs (which works well, btw).  Krita 2 looks promising but
wasn't stable last time I used it and the gimp does not have proper
support for 16bpp images, which I need (and I go a little balder every
time I try to work with its interface).

Peter.