Status on generator layers? (boud?)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 9 01:41:10 CEST 2008

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> gray-16, yes, gray-32 isn't supported yet. It's a simple matter of making the
> KisGenerator::colorSpace() return the right value.

Cool, thanks for the information. (I'll write for gray-16 for now, then,
I don't imagine porting to gray-32 if/when that is available will be
seriously difficult.)

> Converting the grayscale
> paint device to another set of colors is something you would have to write
> filters for that take one input paint device and return another one and apply
> that as a filter mask.

Right... the aforementioned gradient map. Actually, I was thinking such
filter should probably let you pick what channel to use, with one (or
more? but that might be overkill) options to combine channels.

> On Tuesday 08 April 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Thanks! Now... if we could just import those from .PSD's... ;-).
>
> No can do -- we do not have legal access to the Photoshop file format and do
> not have time to reverse engineer. There are some solutions in the workings,
> but they aren't done.

I didn't mean *now*, I meant "eventually" :-).

Also, let me know if "some solutions in the workings" need help, as it's
something I'd be interested in contributing to. (Not least because I
have a valuable, corrupt :-( PSD that PS won't open at all and nothing
else I've found yet - except *possibly* expensive commercial solutions -
can open it without significant loss of information. Much of the loss is
due to use of static-color layers, which is why I feel rather strongly
about being able to handle those properly.)

>> Speaking of bugs... when I tried to change the color after adding a
>> layer, it made it black, and doesn't seem to let me make it not-black.
>
> Should be fixed.

Thanks!

--
Matthew
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. -- RFC 1925