New color conversion system

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Sep 27 09:58:35 CEST 2007

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> As for Akonadi and Strigi, is it really because it uses QtCore and C++, or
> because third party applications allready have their own system ? Maybe not
> as clean and usuable in other application, but still there allready is the
> Evolution Data Server, the Mozilla fundation is never interested in something
> developed outside Mozilla. As for strigi, it's competing with other well
> established search and index framework (beagle, tracker, ...).

Both Till and Jos seem convinced it's because of Qt and C++ dependencies
-- because that's what they were told by interested parties. In both
cases other projects were also looking for replacements to their current
technology, there has been some cooperation, but in the end, because of
C++ and Qt dependencies, they started reinventing the wheel.

For me the lesson is that until we've got firm commitment from  a
non-KDE that pigment will be used, we should not spend time on making
it QtCore-only or even C++-only.

Boudewijn