stuckness :-(

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Sep 27 22:56:23 CEST 2007

I've been busy before I lost my last laptop and after I got my new one working
on the qpainter canvas. This canvas is pretty essential, since it's the
default and there's a lot of variation in what different systems support.
I've made it extremely configurable:

* it can either get the image pixels from KisImage using nearest neighbour, or
cache the KisImage projection as a QImage (with a size limit)
* it can smootscale using blitz or qt for scale < 1.0
* it can optionally smooth using Casper's fixed routine between 1.0 and 2.0
* it can create a qpixmap or a qimage (at least, htere's api for that, but no
implementation yet)
* and there are more settings and options to make sure it works on 32 and 64
bit systems, xrender and no xrender

But I'm stuck; even with the "normal" path (caching, blitz < 1.0, sample
1.0-2.0, qpainter scaling > 2.0), I get artefacts and the canvas thinks the
image is bigger than it really is.

I don't want to commit, since it breaks Krita horribly, but I would appreciate
any help! So here's the patch, if the mailing list lets it through...