Introduction and New Composite Ops - Hard light and Soft Light

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Thu Sep 6 19:22:22 CEST 2007

Hi,

> As a bit of background, I'm a photographer who creates images by
> layering several photographs together with various compositing modes to
> produce interesting textures and patterns.   You can see some of my
> stuff at http://www.synergisticimages.ca (warning, some of the images
> there might be NSFW).
>
> I know Krita is more focused on 'creative' work than a project like
> gimp, but I'm not sure whether what I do really hits the use cases you
> are trying to target.
Your pictures look like 'creative' to me :)

> I'll probably kick in some comments about how my particular form of
> creativity is impacted by various design decisions.  Feel free to tell
> me if my comments are far enough from your target use cases so to be
> irrelevant.

I guess your work involves using layers and mask and effects on single
layers ? If I am correct, you might be interested in reading [1] which is (a
not very detailed) explanation on what we are doing for layers/masks/effects
in Krita 2.0.

[1] http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Krita/SelectionsMasks

--
Cyrille Berger