Brush spacing / rotate / scale

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Nov 15 21:00:33 CET 2007

On Thursday 15 November 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> In my experience, paths are 'global objects' that do not live in the
> layer hierarchy (then again, same goes for selections, and I understand
> Krita is doing something... different there as well). Without having
> played, I can't comment which is better, though as long as paths can be
> moved around, I wouldn't expect problems.

Yeah... Paths as global objects is just an implementation artefact of
Photoshop, as far as I can tell. I've heard from enough photoshop users that
they are always getting confused about that. So in Krita paths are on a
layer, and you can have multiple layers with paths & filter them and so on.

> To take this in Yet Another Direction, are there any thoughts about
> reading paths and vector masks from PSD's?

There are people, working on a better psd filter. We're concentrating on
openraster & getting Krita functionally ready. No doubt libpsd, when done and
acceptable license-wise (the author uses the Adobe sdk which is expressly
forbidden by Adobe), can be used in a Krita filter plugin.