Brush spacing / rotate / scale

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Nov 15 10:03:56 CET 2007

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> Yeah the zoom level < 100% in 1.6 is not very smooth nor beautifull. But I
> think that if you have opengl and activate it, the zoom is smoother. In 2.0,
> things are better, without opengl, as you can see on the screenshot bellow, I
> don't know if it's just Arthur or also us using better scaling method, or
> both.

We use Arthur in 2.0 to antialias things like the temporary lines of the ellipse
tool -- which makes a big difference in perception. I'm not sure anymore what we
use for scaling < 100% in our qpainter canvas :-). But it makes a big difference
compared to the simple nearest-neighbour interpolation in 1.x.

> Agreed :) That's why we are very glad that you and the others take the time to
> read our lists and give their opinion.

Yes -- very stimulating :-)

Boudewijn