Brush spacing / rotate / scale

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Wed Nov 14 16:14:35 CET 2007

On Wednesday 14 November 2007, Valerie VK wrote:
> > Anyway, I have started the page on the wiki, there isn't much on it yet:
> > http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Krita/Brushes
>
> Thanks for the link! Nice so far! :)
>
> I'm also trying to imagine how elements such as "add grain, add
> bristles," etc for example could also be implemented visually rather
> than through a slider. For example, for a brush with bristles, you
> could click it in the editor while holding down a key or while in
> a specific mode, and you'd see the number of dots increase or decrease.

It's not certain that bristles won't need a completely different editor. And
completely different parameters. We are still experimentation, we even have
currently two different implementations of bristles. There is more to
bristles than the number of bristles, it includes also the "shape" (wether
all bristles have the same length) ...

> Result: most people use "predictable" programs such as Photoshop
> for painting instead. Fewer natural brushes, but also fewer headaches
> and trying to guess how to do what.

Yeah. From what I have seen the Corel folks also seems to have quiet a few
problem when designing their painting system. It seems to be different
release after release.

--
Cyrille Berger