Filters "dialog" in 2.0

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Wed Jun 20 19:59:23 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 20 June 2007, Ronan Zeegers wrote:
> Horizontal Dialog is not something easy to put in shape.
> The only succesfull horizontal dialog that I know is the one of Blender.
> But even for Blender, it bring lot's of problem (ie the modifier stack).

The current filter dialog is allready quiet horizontal, with one row for the
options, one row for the preview (not counting the filter gallery dialog with
an additional row for selecting filter).

> So I vote for keeping the Krita UI spirit here: vertical dialog.
> Krita could change the current vertical dialog (option, layer) to a
> filter dialog. Then go back to the default UI after the operation.
I don't understand what you mean :) Or did you mean hide the left dockers to
only show the filters widgets ? I think I thought of something like that at
some point, but the problem is that some of the dockers are still usefull,
like the list of layers or the overview docker.

On the other hand, applying a filter can be made a tool and then the options
of the filter will appears in the tool option.

I will add those ideas to the wiki.

--
Cyrille Berger