Akademy 2007 Krita Meeting notes

Emanuele Tamponi emanuele at valinor.it
Wed Jul 4 17:20:45 CEST 2007

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Cyrille Berger wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have updated the notes with the second part of the meeting:
>> http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Krita/Akademy_2007_Meeting
>>
>> Now, it would be interesting if the people who weren't at Akademy could have a
>> look at it and express their opinion about what we have discussed. And if the
>> attendees remember stuff I forgot to mention, feel free to correct me :)
>>

> "With HSV, if you mix red and blue, you obtain cyan and not white."
> Huh? How do you get white from red and blue? For that matter, shouldn't
> you get magenta and not cyan (blend hue by nearest)?

Yep I got cyan and not magenta. Still, I don't know why :( . My current
implementation uses RGB (or CMY) and it looks like it works pretty well.

For some reasons, HSV/HLS values don't "mix" well with some colors. It's
the same problem I got for RGB and CMY too, but now all it's working as
fine as we need in this phase.

Emanuele