Akademy 2007 Krita Meeting notes

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 4 17:13:44 CEST 2007

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have updated the notes with the second part of the meeting:
> http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Krita/Akademy_2007_Meeting
>
> Now, it would be interesting if the people who weren't at Akademy could have a
> look at it and express their opinion about what we have discussed. And if the
> attendees remember stuff I forgot to mention, feel free to correct me :)

"With HSV, if you mix red and blue, you obtain cyan and not white."
Huh? How do you get white from red and blue? For that matter, shouldn't
you get magenta and not cyan (blend hue by nearest)?

I just fought with trying to blend colors in HSL, and it's really hard
because of the discontinuity (which is why I ultimately gave up and went
to RGB). The only "right" way I could figure out to blend hue is to also
affect chroma at the same time, i.e. arrange so that exact opposite hues
result in zero chroma.

"Docker: out ! Validates what on the wiki."
What does this mean?

"Add an age field to the tiles instead of a list of tiles that can be
swapped. That way for each access the tile is time stamped, and then
background thread swap the oldest tile."
Has using a queue of most/least recently touched tiles been considered
(move tile to head when you touch it)? Or do you do both?

--
Mathew
(sorry, .sig file is on the other computer)