API problems with krita

Schleimer, Ben bensch128 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 15:35:03 CET 2007

Hi,
  I am in the process of building a plugin for krita
and I want to share a annoyance/ difficulity i found:
----------------
KisColorSpace doesn't have any method for
symmetrically extracting out and putting in a
component of a pixel. So all symmetrical component
operations have to be done with with:
  a) KisPaintDevice::convertToQImage/convertFromQImage
- which ignores higher precision for 16bit images
  b) KisColorSpace::fromQColor/toQColor - same problem
as above and difficult to use.

Ideally, KisColorSpace and KisIteratorPixelTrait could
be used together to set/get pixels from KisPaintDevice

Should I file this as a bug?

 Cheers,
Ben

"He who writes the code gets to choose his license, and nobody else gets to complain" - Linus Torvalds
IMHO, it should read - "He who writes the code gets to choose his license, and everybody else complains."