Image manipulation using glsl

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at physik.tu-muenchen.de
Mon Jan 22 21:55:01 CET 2007

Hi,

> When I tried using npot textures on my 6600 it did everything in software.
> I think only the 7xxx and 8xxx series cards support npot natively.
>
> You could always render the repeats yourself no? Especially if you don't
> need that many of them.

Yes, that is certainly possible. But it would be convenient to use GL_REPEAT
or GL_MIRRORED_REPEAT and let OpenGL do the work.

But to use filters written in GLSL in Krita, it would be necessary to make
them work with tiles and I don't know how to do this. There is the "TR -
OpenGL Tile Rendering Library" which can do tiled rendering. I did not look
at it yet, but it might be useful as a guidline how to implement tiled
rendering using OpenGL.

Greetings,
Michael