Thoughts on recording and collaborative editing in Krita

Sven Langkamp sven.langkamp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 02:31:26 CET 2007

On 2/18/07, Cyrille Berger <cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have been playing with recording events in Krita (see
> viewplugins/together),
> and I have put my thoughts on the wiki
> http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Krita/Recording_and_Collaborative_working_Design
>
> I wanted to have your opinion on this ?

Some filters and brushes are not deterministic and would still need to
transmit the whole tile information.

Collaborative working would also be an interesting project for the soc.

> Also, when looking at commands in Krita, I find it messy between commands
> inherinting KisCommand, others directly KDE's classes. Btw, does someone
> knows if KCommand is supposed to go away in KDE4 ?

There are a few messy things in the current undo system in Krita.
There are two independent undo stacks, KisCommand doesn't inherit from
QUndoCommand and the recursive nature of the undoAdapter is pretty
confusing, at least for me.

KOffice as a whole is moving to QUndoCommand, so I don't see a reason
why KCommand should be used.