What do you think of the "Pixel image editor"?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Apr 9 22:30:56 CEST 2007

On Sunday 08 April 2007, Alexey Eremenko wrote:

> I wanted to point you out to an existence of the "Pixel image editor",
> which might have some interesting features for you to borrow for your
> upcoming Krita 2.0 series.

I've seen it before -- somewhere on my blog is a series about other painting
apps, with Pixel being one of them. The problem with Pixel is that it is less
stable than Krita.

> What's to consider interesting and what not - I'll leave up to you,
> but one thing that I liked about Pixel, is that I can have virtual
> desktops *inside* the program (like a desktop pager of KDE) - you may
> think it's redundant, but I liked it - I'm sure you will find much
> more interesting stuff, that will inspire you writing the next-gen of
> Krita :)

MDI vs SDI is a permanent struggle. MDI is even now being deprecated on
Windows. But, well, KOffice does SDI and we've got so much work to do that
we'll simply use the KOffice libraries and not try to go outside that.