A really fat image view, or...

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Oct 20 18:05:18 CEST 2006

On Friday 20 October 2006 00:13, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Simon did advice me to switch to the abstract scrollArea, though.
> Two reasons  1) it doesn't make you have a huge widget nested when the
> canvas is a lot bigger then the viewport (for example when showing a 100
> page kword doc).  2) scrolling is smoother as it repaints just ones instead
> of in two steps.
> Low prio for me, but good to be aware of nontheless :)

Yes, I investigated QAbstractScrollArea when I noticed that QScrollArea
was a very slow; not painting the background made it faster, but
QAbstractScrollArea is quite high on my priority, since smooth scrolling
is really important for an app like Krita. If there's a todo list somewhere
for flake, put my name next to the feature.

> Oh, if you want internet, be sure to contact Rob Buis. I think he lives
> either in Egmond or near it.

Castricum, I think.