A really fat image view, or...

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Fri Oct 20 00:13:19 CEST 2006

On Thursday 19 October 2006 22:52, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> The primary problem is the viewconverter: this is tied together with units,
> zooming and image resolution. I've just left this class empty, and I
> haven't restored the necessary actions. It's a pretty self-contained thing,
> though. I'm hoping for volunteers here...

I think its easier for me to just implement it then to explain the design of
that thing ;)

> Note that we no longer need to
> mess with scrollbars and resizing widgets, that happens almost
> automatically nowadays.

Yap, thats easy.
Simon did advice me to switch to the abstract scrollArea, though.
Two reasons  1) it doesn't make you have a huge widget nested when the canvas
is a lot bigger then the viewport (for example when showing a 100 page kword
doc).  2) scrolling is smoother as it repaints just ones instead of in two
steps.
Low prio for me, but good to be aware of nontheless :)

>  I'm on holiday next week in Egmond aan Zee
I love that beach. I go there whenever I can. Well, I tend to go to Schoorl,
but thats just a couple of KM away ;)

Oh, if you want internet, be sure to contact Rob Buis. I think he lives either
in Egmond or near it.

Make sure you make some digital pictures with your new phone ;)
--
Thomas Zander