A hearty slap on the back:

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Nov 2 13:59:41 CET 2006

Am 02.11.06, 11:53 +0100 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:

> On Thursday 02 November 2006 11:45, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > > (...)
> >
> > all what you describe is very nice, _but_ it will only works with .kra
> > files, and with some png and tiff files. jpeg doesn't allow random access.
> > I am not confident about png. And half tiff files around certainly don't.

> > in krita and the gimp gave the following results:
> >
> > - gimp loading time : 56s
> > - krita loading time : 30s
>
> That's nice! Another thing: stock gimp doesn't handle the profiles, which
> takes a bit of time, the cvs head checkout of gimp I use offers to convert
> the sRGB profile to same sRGB profile and takes a lot of time doing that.

CinePaint needs here the same time as Gimp2.2 for loading and displaying,
of course colour transformed in CinePaint. Both took 15s. Sorry no
comparision for Krita :-(

Anyway congratulation for the overall nice feedback.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management
                                + imaging / panoramas