A hearty slap on the back:

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Nov 2 18:09:35 CET 2006

On Thursday 02 November 2006 13:59, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> CinePaint needs here the same time as Gimp2.2 for loading and displaying,
> of course colour transformed in CinePaint. Both took 15s. Sorry no
> comparision for Krita :-(

Hm, what is Cyrille doing to his machine to make Gimp so slow?
I get 18 seconds for cinepaint (today's cvs version, which, btw, shows the
tiff image the way Krita intended it to be show, gimp gets it backwards and
photoshop loads just one black layer). Krita takes 38 seconds to startup with
this image. That's about what the Gimp takes when colormanaging the image --
yesterday's cvs version. The Gimp needs 20 seconds to just load it.

> Anyway congratulation for the overall nice feedback.

It's been a bit of a surprise :-)