A hearty slap on the back:

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Thu Nov 2 11:45:08 CET 2006

> (...)
all what you describe is very nice, _but_ it will only works with .kra files,
and with some png and tiff files. jpeg doesn't allow random access. I am not
confident about png. And half tiff files around certainly don't.

krita and the gimp gave the following results:

- gimp loading time : 56s
- krita loading time : 30s

the difference is that the gimp show progress of reading, while krita doesn't,
but maybe we can make use of thomas's new progress system ?

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---