A hearty slap on the back:

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Nov 2 11:27:25 CET 2006

On Thursday 02 November 2006 10:22, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > I actually had the heart to read through all the feedback ;-)
>
> Me too. It wasn't too bad. What never ceases to amuse me is that
> after a decade of bitching about CMYK not being in the Gimp, every
> time Krita is in the news people are bitching about CMYK being in
> Krita. Oh fickle and inconstant humanity what doest thou want!

You being Dutch should give you quite some studying material ;)  Its
well known that the Dutch complain continuesly about just anything[1]
they feel they have enough knowledge about. Or not.

Complainting is less effort then just about anything. It saves you from
actually installing the thing and testing it. It also makes you feel
good about the current choice you made.  If that alternative is so bad,
then you don't have to doubt your previous choices!

Complaining is basically the ultimate in procrastination, if you look at
it from a psychological point of view :)

The good thing is that as soon as some initial inertia is overcome (in
the global market) then people will eventually try it and switch en
mass (provided its good enough) without looking back. Probably will
just start to complain about why the other doesn't have CMYK. ;)

People, such strange beings.

1) see my latest blog about complainting v.s. constructive feedback.
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2496
--
Thomas Zander