Krita crash

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Mar 6 16:16:53 CET 2006

On Monday 06 March 2006 01:56, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Monday 06 March 2006 00:27, John R. Culleton wrote:
> > On Sunday 05 March 2006 18:17, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> > > I can't reproduce this one on demand.  As I recall, I had created a new
> > > "regular" layer, and then removed it.  Crash.
> >
> > For me Krita crashes with sufficient frequency that I have
> > stopped working with it. I find Gimp much more stable and
> > Inkscape at least somewhat more stable. There are some unique
> > features that I like. But the crashes are a deal breaker.
> >
> > I am waiting for the next iteration. If it still crashes I will put it
> > on the shelf also.
>
> That's the risk of participating in a beta. It's an eternal problem: if you
> don't try to use a beta for real work, you won't find the problems, and if
> you do you will get lots of problems. We fixed an enormous lot of problems
> since beta1, but beta2 will have a lot of problems left that we can only
> discover and fix when people keep telling us about crashes.
>
> Bugzilla is a good place for crashes, but I don't mind having them first in
> this mailing list.

First, I like the friendly and cooperative attitude found among
Krita users and developers. On some other lists I have been
yelled at for reporting a bug already reported.

Second, I have Krita 1.4.90. How do I update past this point?
Must I update the entire Koffice suite?

Where do I find beta 2 for download? I will go "once again into the
breach."

John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: