Krita crash

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Mar 6 07:56:47 CET 2006

On Monday 06 March 2006 00:27, John R. Culleton wrote:
> On Sunday 05 March 2006 18:17, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> > I can't reproduce this one on demand.  As I recall, I had created a new
> > "regular" layer, and then removed it.  Crash.
>
> For me Krita crashes with sufficient frequency that I have
> stopped working with it. I find Gimp much more stable and
> Inkscape at least somewhat more stable. There are some unique
> features that I like. But the crashes are a deal breaker.
>
> I am waiting for the next iteration. If it still crashes I will put it
> on the shelf also.

That's the risk of participating in a beta. It's an eternal problem: if you
don't try to use a beta for real work, you won't find the problems, and if
you do you will get lots of problems. We fixed an enormous lot of problems
since beta1, but beta2 will have a lot of problems left that we can only
discover and fix when people keep telling us about crashes.

Bugzilla is a good place for crashes, but I don't mind having them first in
this mailing list.