Documentation on the scanner feature.

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Feb 9 00:27:15 CET 2006

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 03:08 am, Casper Boemann wrote:
> >I was pleased to see the availablity of my scanner under tools
> > and so of course I tried it out immmediately. On the first
> > attempt (a letter sized page at 300 dpi) only a small squarish
> > section came in. So I tried it without initializing a document
> > first.  Nothing came in.
> >
> > Is there a guide anywhere on this feature? The book krita.pdf
> > is silent on the feature.
>
> I believe that the external tools appearing in the menu are not of our
> doing, but rather a koffice-wide feature, so chances are it won'y work very
> well - if at all with krita.

Actaully I did get it to work but it required a different approach
than I am used to in Gimp. First I established an image of the
correct dimensions and density in Krita. Then I ran the scan
capture. The scanned image became the base layer in the image
space previously reserved.

In Gimp each scanned image automatically creates its own window.
This is of course simpler than what I describe above.

But it does work, and that is the main thing.

In Gimp most dialogues allow one a choice beteen inches,
millimetres or pixels. I can make myself a little conversion
chart for Krita at 300 dpi but IMO I shouldn't have to.

Now I have to learn all about the cmyk mode in Krita. That is the
glaring omission in Gimp.
--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: