Krita UI, painting&sketching

kig at terminaldogma.net kig at terminaldogma.net
Tue Aug 29 23:59:06 CEST 2006

On Monday 28 August 2006 19:53, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Monday 28 August 2006 12:24, Ilmari Heikkinen wrote:
> > - clear to bg color (backspace) doesn't work if there's no selection
>
> Is this a safe function to enable when there isn't a selection? I'll put
> it on the todo so we can see it work.

Selection semantics are (imho): no selection =~ everything selected

> > - Tablet pressure curve control would be great
>
> I believe Bart did just that little thing for you :-).

Great, thanks!

> > - numbers controlling brush opacity would be nice too (1 = 10%, 2 =
> >   20%, ...,  0 = 100%)
>
> You mean as shortcuts?

Yes, shortcuts. Hmm, I think Photoshop does it like this:
- when press number key, it goes to opacity selection mode for a while
  where another number key pressed denotes the second digit.
  e.g. 4 would set opacity 40%, pressing 5 quickly afterwards makes it
  45%. IIRC 0 did 100%, 00 did 0%. And with move tool, the opacity
  affected is the layer opacity. It's kinda handy, but maybe a pain
  to implement.

> > - can't lock alpha channel of layer from editing (which makes eraser on
> >   bg layer a bit useless)
>
> Ah, you want to erase to the background color on the bg layer, right?
> What would be more useful? To be able to lock the alpha channel, or to
> have an option, erase to bg color, for the eraser paintop.

Locking the alpha channel. Erasing on locked alpha layer should paint with
the bg color.

--
Ilmari