Krita UI, painting&sketching

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Aug 30 17:29:50 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 23:59, kig at terminaldogma.net wrote:
> On Monday 28 August 2006 19:53, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > On Monday 28 August 2006 12:24, Ilmari Heikkinen wrote:
> > > - clear to bg color (backspace) doesn't work if there's no selection
> >
> > Is this a safe function to enable when there isn't a selection? I'll put
> > it on the todo so we can see it work.
>
> Selection semantics are (imho): no selection =~ everything selected

Yes, that's true for Krita, too.

> Yes, shortcuts. Hmm, I think Photoshop does it like this:
> - when press number key, it goes to opacity selection mode for a while
>   where another number key pressed denotes the second digit.
>   e.g. 4 would set opacity 40%, pressing 5 quickly afterwards makes it
>   45%. IIRC 0 did 100%, 00 did 0%. And with move tool, the opacity
>   affected is the layer opacity. It's kinda handy, but maybe a pain
>   to implement.

Complicated, certainly! And it reminds me a bit of the remote control we had
for the television set in our holiday home. I never could press the numbers
quickly enough either :-).

> Locking the alpha channel. Erasing on locked alpha layer should paint with
> the bg color.

Hm, need to think about that. It would need quite a bit of code to fix that,
but on the other hand, I wanted to be able to "lock" an arbitrary set of
channels anyway, which would make this easier.