gimp fileformat

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Tue Aug 15 21:59:05 CEST 2006

> So, what is the progress on OpenRaster.
none since the article on newsforge :(

> I recently got a request to write some content for GrokLaw which has a
> huge reading base. I'd love to do that on OpenRaster and the progress its
> making. Unfortunately I am completely not into this. So maybe someone
> else can co-write?

A little bit about the history:
The idea behind OpenRaster is far from new, it started at least with the start
of CinePaint (which was at this time, a fork of the Gimp).

After I talk with developers from other applications it was decided that the
create mailing-list was the best place for such a discussion
(http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/create/2006-March/000333.html).

Followed in June with a discussion
(http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/create/2006-June/thread.html) about
http://create.freedesktop.org/specs/OpenRaster-draft.pdf, list
requirements/problems for such a file format.

What I plan to do:
September-October: start an implementation of an oasis-like fileformat in
krita, and have all the functionnalities ready
November: write a pre-draft with the krita implementation as an example, and
ask for comment on create mailing list

If you want/need more info, do not hesitate to ask them.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---