Histogram idea

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Sep 6 09:28:01 CEST 2005

I've been playing with bibble pro (http://www.bibblelabs.com/), an image
manipulation app written using Qt, and one thing they have is very
interesting: their histogram is not hidden in a modal dialog, but is shown as
a docker tab. That makes sense, since users tend to want to keep the
histogram in view as much as possible. I would like to put the histogram in a
docker tab, too, and when it is visible, update it regularly. The update
mechanism could then also be used to update the thumbnails we need in the
layerbox and in the overview docker tabs.

We would also need to add an overlaid mode of the histogram widget where red,
green & blue are shown, and perhaps overlay the histogram with the curves
widget and make it interactive. Screenie attached:

Arguments? Discussions? Disagreements?