Unclear menu entries (was Re: Stalker alert :))

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Sep 5 18:30:54 CEST 2005

On Monday 05 September 2005 17:11, Sander Koning wrote:
> Boudewijn Rempt wrote on 2005-09-05 16:53 +0200 regarding Re: Stalker
alert :):
> > On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Sander Koning wrote:
> >
> > Oh dear -- you _do_ need to be careful with
> > your subject lines here :-).
>
> I hit your spam filter? ;)

Yes :-)

> I've almost finished the menu reference, and found quite some little things
> (mostly regarding interface layout, naming and such) while writing. I'll
> save those for later, but I've included some of the more puzzling things
> here:
>
> * File -> Import... and File -> Export... look like "links" to Open and
> Save (exactly the same dialogs). Are they?

Those should be in some general KOffice handbook section or so already; when
importing and exporting your document will be/remains a true Krita documents;
when saving as/open Krita will know you have a .png and so on. Or at least,
that's David Faure's explanation. I suspect it's only true of export. I'd
like to get rid of the distinction myself.

> * What does View -> Actual Size do, and when is it enabled?

When we have proper image resolution, it will show the image at the correct
size in inches, based on the resolution of your image and the resolution of
your display.

> * What is (View ->) Wetness Visualisation?>
> * What does Layer -> Watercolors -> Initialize Texture have an extra
> submenu for? Why is it placed in Layers? What does it do, in fact?

These two options are only used with the tentative watercolor simulation.
Don't worry about them; when we get the watercolor simulation done, these
items will be gone from the menu.

> Get well soon!

Thanks. One thing: you might want to get hold of an original Photoshop manual
(version doesn't matter much) or some similar lecture. That shows the kind of
prose our target audience will expect, and besides, will give you the
background to write about Krita.