How to move dropshadows to submenu?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Oct 11 22:38:35 CEST 2005

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Michael Thaler wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 October 2005 22:28, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>
> > In that case you won't be able to get it into the filters menu, but
> > will have to place it in the layers menu, I guess.
>
> No, it is in the filters menu right now. Just not in a submenu. One can even
> move it into a submenu, just not in one already created by the filter
> manager.
>
> Maybe plugins like the dropshadow plugin should not be in the filters menu,
> but get their own menu? Or should we have Filters->plugins->decor->add
> Dropshadow?  But this is not too good, from a usability point of view.
> Does somebody have a good idea where to put such plugins?

Well, I'm not sure that the dropshadow plugin cannot be an ordinary filter
after all -- just like the rounded corners feature, but in the end, if it
is something that works on a whole layer instead of a rect, it should probably
be in a submenu of layers. But leave that to me: I'll keep the menu's organized,
as long as you do the complicated bit of getting the code working :-)

Boudewijn